Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Jumping for Joy!

Jumping Jacks.  The 1st challenge, the one that gets us all moving today in our quest of 25 days of fitness is jumping jacks.  As I was thinking last night of what would be a great start for us all, I could not get jumping jacks out of my mind.  I thought "certainly there is something different that would be a more suitable exercise for everyone"... but then of course my next thought is "well, I can always explain modifications.  that way everyone can participate no matter what the skill level or fitness level!"  SO... jumping jacks it is! 

Of course if you can, pound out the good ol' jumping jacks from the beginning of sport warm ups or P.E. class.  I know you remember how.  Get your heart pumping, adrenaline flowing.  If your days of jumping have been gone for awhile, then modify- the arms are still the same, but move your legs out/in- alternating (like the step we do in warms ups in Zumba). 

25 of 'em.  You can do it!  (see how easy this is?)

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I did them. Bring it on I'm ready for the next challenge.

    Thanks
    Michele Wendling

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too completed the challenge of the day. I love that you'll give us specific things to do each day. WTG Gina!!

    ReplyDelete