Friday, December 31, 2010

get ready...get set...

Happy New Year's Eve!  I am sitting here on my couch, enjoying a cup of coffee (brewed on my new Keurig coffee brewer, btw-lol) and reflecting on the past year that I have had and looking forward to the upcoming 2011.  I don't know if 2010 has been good or not- weird thought, I know.  But honestly it has been one of so many ups and downs that I think I will remain on the fence- and say that 2010 was just ok. 

Started off pretty crappy, but came back around in February.  I was into school heavy, enjoying every class and learning a lot. That I am thankful for- that I had the opportunity to return to school and finish my Associate's degree with ease and speed!  I never imagined that a year later I would be in massage school, but hey, I figured that I would learn about things that would take me places I hadn't imagined.  That, I think, is a perk of being an adult college student.  You are open to thinking outside of the box, and don't feel like you HAVE to go in a certain order or something that doesn't jive with what your goals are.  Anyway, back to my year...  lol.  Summer was hectic as we moved to Clayton- not something that was planned, but what turned out to be the best move we could have made.  We love our home and being outside of the city 'plat' living is something we all are happy about.  Granted the move sucked and the timing was rough- Morgan's beginning of summer break was happening, plus finishing up my school was a lot more time consuming than I ever thought it would be.  But at least my internship at Personally Fit gave me some great insight to Muscle Activiation Techniques, and reassured me that is what I want to do "when I grow up."  *smile* 
Morgan's transition to a new school has gone (relatively) smooth, thankfully.  I know she misses her friends at her old school, but I think the change has been a good one.  Her grades say so, at least. 

I am hopeful that the upcoming year is a good one for everyone.  I have several goals that I am intent on reaching, and I have made some decisions about my schedule that will allow me to reach those goals without suffering from burnout.  I know some won't be thrilled with my decisions, but I know I have to do what is best for me and for my family.  Well, I hope everyone has a very safe New Years!  Get ready to complete some crazy challenges with me starting tomorrow!  bwaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa 

No comments:

Post a Comment