Saturday, December 18, 2010

Beginner Fat Burning Exercise: The Burpee



Happy Saturday ladies! Today we have the Burpee. (great name, I know) It is also known as the squat thrust, if you prefer that name. *wink* This is an awesome cardio workout, we are getting our hearts pumping today!!

This video is great for the modification of the Burpee, so that is why I chose to use it. She does demo the advanced version (including the push up) so you can see what that looks like as well.

What the challenge is: 25 of them, however you would like. Beginners- you can see how that is done in the video. If you are going with the advanced version- I haven't seen them done with a push up until all these videos I have looked through this morning, so feel free to take that out and just do the squat thrust movement. Also, she didn't add the jump at the end- I want you to add a jump when you return to the standing position. (as you stand back up, you lift your arms up and just explode up, adding a plyometric aspect to this workout)

As always, if you have any questions or need clarification, email me, text me, facebook me- just ask!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment