Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just keeps getting better... (not)

Well, that was one heck of a week.  As I was sitting down to the computer this morning to get organized, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed about creating my "to do" list.  Then I thought to myself, gee, why don't I blog first, because I always feel better after doing that, plus I seem to be able to work my way through some of my issues doing this. ;)  So here I am! 
I think I might need to start blogging every morning and keeping myself on track!  This afternoon I will begin day 1 of my 30 day shred. (thank you Jamie!)  If I am blogging, then I will be able to be held accountable to the blogging world to make sure I get my workout in...  I know you all will be excited to hear how well I can keep up with this one. *smile*
Okay, re-visiting my last blog (see, I didn't forget!)  I talked about foods that hold you (and me) captive.  For me, I have several.  First and foremost, Coca-Cola.  Second, fast food.  Third, cheese.  (I know, random) Knowing I have this 30 day shred starting today, I decided yesterday to give up Coke (ok, soda all the way around) during these 30 days.  I also am giving up the major players in the fast food circuit.  (Wendy's, McDonalds, BK)  I ate at Fazoli's yesterday, but changed up what I ate, so I felt better about it.  I am going to (try) to at least log everything I am eating every day-- and when I have time, convert everything to WW points.  I know that sytem works for me- plus keeps in mind that I need to eat my exercise points so I don't end up with too large a deficit so I am okay metabolically... yes, a lot of work, but dammit, it is about time.  Now the cheese issue is another thing...  I think I am going to start small and not buy the block cheese from the store.  Staying away from FF will ensure I won't put cheese on my hamburgers... lol

After a crazy day yesterday, I am very focused on accomplishing lots of things today.  Having Morgan home was great, but we were both super lazy and stayed in bed till 11, then went and watched a movie, followed by the trip to Fazoli's.  Then we went home and I picked up a library book that I was wanting to finish and there I stayed instead of preparing for class...  which led to my last minute rush and my inability to locate my ipod, which led to no class.  (and a very flustered, irritated, embarassed Gina) So today I have already worked on the kitchen and dining room area, and after I finish here I will get moving on the rest of my list, which today includes getting the house picked up and clean.  Tomorrow I will be working on scheduling for classes in February- and new choreography for class tomorrow night!  Then on Thursday I will be able to focus on studying for my return to school next week.  Ahhhh, see what I mean?  I already feel better.  :) 

So today I am starting the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels.  I am excited and a little nervous.  I have realized how out of control I have gotten and I am hopeful that today will be the day that ends that little blurp in my life.  I will be taking measurements and weighing in- plus doing the fitness assessment that I do on students- the pushup and curlup tests.  Let's see how I rate today and then again in 30 days.  (I also purchased the shred with Jillian that utilizes kettlebells- I plan on using that one too, eventually) I am fascinated with kettlebells!  Such an old workout, gives some amazing results.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday.  I will be back tomorrow to report how Day 1 went... 

No comments:

Post a Comment